UK Bus Summit 2016 – Speakers and agenda
Managing directors, chief executives and senior managers within the UK’s bus industry will take to the stage on Thursday for the second annual UK Bus Summit at the QEII Conference Centre in Westminster, London.
According to Transport Times Events, the conference aims to “bring together operators, local authorities and bus supply industry to encourage the industry to work together to stimulate patronage growth, and to raise awareness of the role the bus can play in stimulating the economy, getting people to work, reducing emissions, providing access for the elderly and tackling inequality.”
Hot topics are expected to be the devolution agenda and proposals in the Buses Bill which, if given the green light, would give combined authorities with an elected mayor powers to franchise bus services.
• Andrew Jones MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Transport
• The Rt Hon Norman Baker, Chair, Bus Users UK
• Professor David Begg, Chief Executive, Transport Times
• Neill Birch, Director, Public Transport Operations, Systra
• David Brown, Chief Executive, Go-Ahead
• Ciarán de Búrca, Director Transport Projects Division, Department for Regional Development, Northern Ireland
• Jeff Counsell, Managing Director, trentbarton
• Hilary Chipping, Acting Chief Executive, SEMLEP
• Leon Daniels, Managing Director Surface Transport, Transport for London
• Andy Eastlake, Managing Director, LowCVP
• Giles Fearnley, Managing Director, UK Bus FirstGroup
• George Ferguson, Mayor, Bristol
• Martin Griffiths, Chief Executive, Stagecoach Group
• Claire Haigh, Chief Executive, Greener Journeys
• Tobyn Hughes, Managing Director Transport Operations, North East Combined Authority
• Dr Jon Lamonte, Chief Executive, Transport for Greater Manchester
• Alastair Munro, Engineering Director, Optare
• Kevin O’Connor, Managing Director – UK Bus, Arriva
• Frank Rogers, Interim Chief Executive & Director General, Merseytravel
• Ken Scott, Group Engineering Director, Alexander Dennis Limited (ADL)
• Anthony Smith, Chief Executive, Transport Focus
Want to know more about anyone listed above?
Contact Mistral today to find your ideal new or used bus or to arrange finance.