Spring really has sprung where an exceptionally busy period has seen us completing deliveries of new vehicles to a number of customers both old and new; including:
- Ace Travel in Liverpool with 6 x Enviro 200 for Mersey Travel routes
- TLC Travel in Bradford with 8 x Enviro 200 for West Yorkshire Metro contracts
- Uno Bus in Hatfield with 5 x Wrightbus StreetLites
- Impact Coaches in London with 2 x Enviro 200 and 2 x Wrightbus StreetLite
- Bakers Dolphin in Weston-Super-Mare with 2 x Wrightbus StreetLite
- Menzies at Heathrow with 2 x Wrightbus StreetLite
- South Wales Transport in Neath with 2 x Wrightbus StreetLite
- Arriva Midlands with 3 x Enviro 200 for their West Midlands operation
- Aberfoyle Coaches with 1 x Enviro 200
Door Forward StreetLite
The period also saw Mistral take delivery of its first door forward StreetLite, a 10.8m model that seats 41 passengers. Since arriving with Mistral in early March it has not stopped moving, and has traversed the length and breadth of England and Wales. The bus has been very well received and gives operators needing 40 plus seats a viable alternative to full size 12m single deck product. Stock is currently in build at Wrightbus’ factory in Ballymena, Northern Ireland and will be available for delivery from May.
We have also seen this month one of our oldest customers decide to take the plunge and start a new chapter in their corporate lives as part of one of the ‘big 5’ operating groups. As many of you will have seen, Anglian have been purchased by Go Ahead Group plc, allowing David Pursey and his long suffering wife to enjoy a well deserved retirement. Our best wishes go to David and Christine, and also to Andrew Pursey who takes on the role of Managing Director in the new business.
Epsom Buses – Quality Line
Another of our previous customers has also taken the decision to be part of a larger operating group, with Epsom Coaches being acquired by RATP. We wish Steve Whiteway all the best for the future development of the business.
We’re certainly all looking forward to the rest of the year and hopefully continuing with our busy start.